Fairservice Fun is located on the southern outskirts of Lake Cowichan and provides the largest trail network in the area.
The network includes gravel roads, dual track dirt roads and single tracks ranging from easy and flat rides suitable for beginners to steep technical trails down the mountain for experts. Check out the ever-growing list of trails.
A number of access points are available. Convenient locations include the following:
- Numerous entries off South Shore Road, including the main Fairservice Main gate.
- Opposite the school on Stone Avenue to Chowder Town and Beaver Creek Trail.
- At the old school building AB Greenwall at Hobson Avenue.
- Off the Cowichan Valley Trail heading to Kinsol Trestle connecting to Fairservice Main, Terra Nova and others.
Details are best found with a fellow rider or from the maps.
Beyond the usual best practices around safe and fun biking and hiking, consider the following specific tips:
- Fairservice Fun is a relatively new MTB riding area, maintained by a small group of volunteers. Trails are rugged and sometimes overgrown or blocked by fallen logs and branches. Be prepared.
- While close to Lake Cowichan, the area is also backed by a large area of wilderness. Elk, bears, beavers, deer, and even cougars can be encountered. Depending on season and time of day, sightings can be common. Bring a bear spray.
- The area has a long tradition of being used by motorized vehicles. Be careful on the gravel roads and generally listen out. If in doubt, move aside. Riders of all vehicles maintain the trails, be friendly and collaborative.
Maps and more
We manage all our mapping on trailforks as the Fairservice Fun region. Contribute by sharing your ride logs, upload photos, submit trail reports to help other riders.
The network is growing and needs constant care and expansion. Join us on our trail maintenance days and become a member.